Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Topic of Healing


Healing... well healing would seem like a thing that would be smooth and wonderfully transitional. However, many times healing is painful and extremely long. There are times in the healing process where feelings you can't completely comprehend (and probably never will) will take their toll on your confidence and what little strength you think you have.However, healing is so very necessary. I have heard many ministers in my life say that it was because of the sufferings and times of healing in their life that created the backdrop for the anointing they then had in their ministry. Of course I always desired to be used of God in my life, and in what little way I could I wanted to be an over-comer of the struggles that had haunted and shaped me from childhood to now. I think a part of me knew that the darkness of the past had to be brought to the light if I desired to be used in the capacity that God desires. Yet, I don't think I fully understood (on the cognitive) the level of digging in the soul it would take to overcome the demons from the past. All I desire is to be whole! I keep telling myself, all I desire is to be whole! I want to love as a whole person! I am not just talking romantically, I am talking about loving those that I will minister too in the ministry, and I am talking about friends, loved ones and the future children I will have.

I hear many ministers say, "Be careful what you pray for," concerning patience, healing, anointing and trust. However, it was because this phrase was spoken that I was afraid to pray these prayers. I thought it should be avoided because it works! ha! Yet, it is these prayers that take an individual from the surface level of a relationship with God into the deep depths of servant-hood and intimacy! As a person deep within the valley at the present moment, I can honestly say that if it brings me closer to Christ, if it brings me closer to healing, if it brings me closer to a deeper love for others and appreciation for who I am as an individual then I thank the Lord for this trial. I can assure you that if you serve God and you love God there will come a time in your life (many times) where He will prod you to a deeper level of intimacy will Him. When He does invite you to a deeper level, there always comes a new level of suffering, healing, or trial. It is because when we draw closer to God, we must shed another layer of facade that we hide behind.

Let me be real so that a person that is facing a time of healing understands what comes with healing. When they pray that prayer, they are praying for long trials (months/years) of emotional pain, they are praying for times in which nothing will keep a person going except the hope and trust that Christ will pull them through. They are praying for a time of extreme loneliness in which the only person that will be there to hold them up will be God, and no other relationship would seem to fulfill on the level that God could. It means that there will be times where they will cry out in intense pain and ask why they were experiencing such pain! The big question, "Why?! What is the purpose of this?!" will seem like the mantra of your existence. There will be the times (if completely honest) the spiritual attacks coupled with your valley experience will motivate yourself to ask, "What is the purpose of living anymore?" That question is not worth entertaining! There is always purpose! God has a plan for your life.

It seem only fair to express why the time of healing is good for you! Now that I have completely shattered your idea that times of healing are smooth and easy, but it is definitely worth it, and let me explain why.
It is worth it because when you overcome the pain and struggle and finally face those things that you had so craftily hid all your life, you will be a completely new and whole person through the works of the Holy Spirit. You will be a new creature! (2 Cor. 5:17)Your relationship with God will be undeniable! You will learn to never question His unconditional love! For the first time in your life, His love will be so real in every aspect of your life. It will also be displayed and acted out through your interpersonal walk with others! (Hebrew 10:24, James 1:12)Thirdly but definitely not the last reason why it is so worth it, is because, when you overcome this time of trial through healing you will be empowered to strengthen others who are still suffering. Our greatest weakness through Christ is our greatest strength! You are meant to love those in this world that are hurting! You are called to great ministries through Christ! But we each must first battle the things that we are afraid of.

I want to encourage you and call you to action in this matter! There are so many people that go their entire lives never having dealt with the pains of their past, and many others that then became the very things they hated, simply because they did not dare to face the things that caused them pain. We are so much stronger through Christ! His love and purpose's for us are so much higher than the "huge" mountain or giant that faces us now. I encourage you to let God lead you into a time of healing. Don't go seeking it, but when God calls you into a deeper place with Him, trust that all that He does is for your good. The Word says that He will never give you more than you can handle! (1 Cor. 10:13)So hold on and seek His face continually! if anyone believes in you and desires the very best in you in all things it is our Creator! He has plans for you beyond your imaginings but you must first submit yourself, and trust His will completely and I can assure you that He will bring you out as a new person, whole and clean in His sight! (Romans 12:2)

Here are some scriptures that have been an encouragement through the dark times. Of course these are sections that have spoken to me personally. However, in your walk with Christ allow Him to minister to you as He would have to minister to you. That may be through different sections of the Bible. The main point is to let the Word be a light in the dark times, a weapon when spiritual attacks are prevalent, a hope when all things seem hopeless, and a means of ministering when you and God commune one on one!

Psalm 23, 25, 27, 34, 37, 38, 46, 51, 61, 91, 116, 121, 127, 143
The book of Romans, Hebrews, and the book of John.
Isaiah 40: 31 (Strength through God), 50:2, 52, 53 (The coming hope in Christ!), 55

No comments:

Post a Comment